Football. No. 12 Ohio State Hosts Pac-12 School California in Week 3
No. 12 Ohio State Hosts Pac-12 School California in Week 3
Sept. 10, 2012
California (1-1) at #12 Ohio State (2-0)
Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012 – Noon ET
Ohio Stadium (102,329)
Television: ABC will televise the game to a national audience with Beth Mowins and former Buckeye Joey Galloway on the call and Lewis Johnson on the sidelines.
Radio: WBNS (FM 97.1 The Fan) is the flagship station for the 73-station Ohio State radio network. The Urban Meyer pregame show airs 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Paul Keels will call the play-by-play with former Buckeye Jim Lachey in the booth and Marty Bannister on the sidelines. The game can also be heard live on Sirius and XM channel 91.
FIRST AND 10
- Seventy years ago (1942) Ohio State won the first of its seven national championships and four members off that 1942 team – E Paul Matus, G Carmen Naples, QB Paul “Robin” Priday and E Don Steinberg – will be honored at the game.
- Ohio State and California are playing for the first time in 40 years.
- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer is 106-23 in his 11th season as a head coach.
- Cal coach Jeff Tedford is 80-49 in his 11th season as a head coach (all at Cal).
- Meyer’s teams are 36-4 in the month of September.
- Ohio State and Cal will square off Sept. 14, 2013 at Cal’s newly renovated Memorial Stadium.
- Ohio State is 7-3 in its last 10 games against Pac-12 competition, dating back to the 1997 season.
- The Big Ten Conference went 0-3 last week – all on the road – vs. teams from the Pacific-12.
- Ohio State has won 59 consecutive regular-season non-conference home games vs. teams not ranked in the AP Top 25. The last loss: 34-17 to Florida State, Oct. 2, 1982.
- Ohio State is 59-7 at Ohio Stadium since the start of the 2002 season.KICKING THINGS OFF
Ohio State and California kick off a two-year home-and-home series with a game Saturday, Sept. 15, at Ohio Stadium. The Buckeyes are 2-0 so far this season and are ranked 12th this week by the Associated Press while Cal comes to town with a 1-1 record.
The game will be the third of four consecutive home games at Ohio Stadium for the Buckeyes. Cal is on the road for the first time this season. Ohio State hosts UAB next week (time still TBD). Cal plays at USC.
12 TO ENTER HALL OF FAME
Twelve outstanding former student-athletes will be enshrined into the Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame this weekend. The class will be inducted Friday at a dinner in the Ohio Union and will be introduced to the public at halftime of the Ohio State/California game Saturday. The 2012 class includes Louise Bond-Williams (fencing), Pete Cusick (football), Jessica Davenport (basketball), George Downes (wrestling), Joseph Gailus (football), Ray Griffin (football), Rex Holman (wrestling), Bob Knight (lifetime achievement), Keturah Lofton (track and field), Dick Schafrath (football), Jim Stone (women’s volleyball coach) and Mike Vrabel (football).
Buckeye Tickets← Back to Home
Tags: career, football, meyer, record, stadium, state, team, ten